Monday, November 20, 2006

Royal's letter to Martha #32

Anybody know about King George & Wally? George's brother had advocated to marry a commoner. George was married to Elizabeth, who was known as the Queen mother in my time. I think that means the mother of Queen Elizabeth.

Dearest,

I finally had turkey dinner at my sisters. Mother and brother and sister (another) and her husband were there. We did have a lovely dinner> If [?] the afternoon I made over seven hundred thousand at Big Business.

Excuse the writing but I'm sitting on top of the world waiting for the sun of Dec. 23 to rise. If nothing happen I might make your home by December 24 - late.

The faculty play comes tomorrow night. I went to the dress rehearsal last night. I really think there will be many laughs in it. It is a light thing, but I'm sure it will go over in Springfield quite well.

We have regular Board meeting and an oyster stew tonight all employees of the school are invited. There should be about fifty bowels of stew.

We had a light snow here, but much of it melted yesterday. We have had no better cold weather here yet this year.

King George and Wally are having quite a time in England. It looks as if it will be the throne or Wally. Power to him; he will have to decide between Wally and Mammon? People always resist change. They just won't allow things to be done in a different way.

I must go to school.
Love to all,
Yours truly,
Royal

Truly yours
Yours, yours with love
Love to Martha,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home