Sunday, November 12, 2006

Royal's letter to Martha #27 written Nov 2-3, 1936

Royal’s letter #27 assumed written Nov 2-3 1936
It is election day and the New Deal wins big.

Dearest Martha,

Only tomorrow and we will be off for Teachers Convention and election will be over.

I had a terrible spell of "inferiority Complex" today. I feel like quitting, just throwing up everything, quitting, like going off into the woods and twiddling my thumbs through out eternity. It would be fine to have you here tonight. It would be wonderful to have an understanding soul nearby.

We had board meeting tonight. Everything went quite civil. We are actually having a fine school. Some criticism perhaps but very little I think. This helps explain why I am writing with my pencil. I left myfountainn pen at school where we signed warrants.

I have tons of work to do tomorrow. It will be one of the busiest days of the year. I will be tired so that I can sleep tomorrow night. I'll get up about am Wed. and find out how the election came out.

I sat in the Lodge and heard talk of expelling the Co. Supt that came up a total of $12,000 short. I am afraid it is going to cause quite a dissension among the different members. There was some fireworks. The Editor of the Republican Paper has made her brags that she will get me in the paper next week. But really I'm like the Nudist nothing can be pinned on me. I think I'll be here after she is gone.

7:07 a.m.

Mr Lewis and I are situated in my office listening to the Denver Post News Cast on my radio. The score between Roosevelt and Landon now stands Landon 38, Roosevelt 22. Mr. Lewis is going down at 8:00 and go before a notary and vote his absentee ballot. I shall vote at ten.

It would have been grand to have woke up and found you here this morning. This morning of all mornings would this have been desirable. You will be sometime. How about doing something in a definite way Christmas when I come?

I must close and write some letters evoked by our Board meeting last night. See you fore long.

With love,

Royal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home