Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Royal's letter to Martha #18 assumed written 9/28/1936

Royal’s letter #18 assumed written 9/28/1936

Dearest,

Just a note to let you know I am still alive and that I love you intensely. How[s] that?

We had a fellowship banquet last night followed by volley ball here at school. A fine time was enjoyed by all.

Providing all disasters can be sidetracked everything is sailing rosy now. One of our grade teachers who is an old horse is doing some little throat cutting, but it will only mean that the same knife will cut her own throat in the spring. You see dear, I feel viscious today, maybe it is good you are so many miles away? But you know I just believe it would be safe for you to come west to live? Don’t you really?

This is my office hour and I must get busy in here or else someone will be in here and report that all I do is sit in my office and write that girl in Indiana.

Yours,
Royal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home