Sunday, October 01, 2006

Royal's letter to Martha #15 assume written 9/22/1936

Letter 15 assumed written 9/22/1936

Dearest Martha,

The way I have been writing you would think I did not have my darling, but I surely do. I just got back those mountain pictures we took on our trip, and gave them a once over. You certainly are a sweet girl – I love you.

The revival is still going. It was supposed to have closed last night, but the preacher decided to stay over another night.

My brother was here and visited me last night he stayed until almost midnight. We had a very successful Board Meeting Saturday night, it was almost twelve when it was all over.

Our state convention is Nov. 4, 5, 6. I surely wish I were going to see you. I don’t [know] whether I can enjoy having dinner with Mr. Lewis and Gretchen if you aren’t there. I’ll probably be rather silent, and think a lot.

School is really getting along quite well. We can’t complain at all.

It will only be about ten weeks after this week until I can see you [,] look into your face and realize again that you are mine. Honey I wish I could see you this morning before I go to school.

Your Soup,
Royal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home