Friday, September 29, 2006

Royal's Letter to Martha #13 assumed written 9/19/1936

Letter 13 assumed written 9/19/1936

Saturday Morning

Dearest Sweetheart,

You will notice that I am holding you up as my bestest. Please don’t let me down.

It is now nearly eight o’clock and I have not been down stairs for breakfast. Of course I had to practice on the lyre given me at the faculty picnic for telling the most enormous story. I think perhaps in a short time I shall be ready to come east for the liars contests. Perhaps I shall be gaining international fame as a lyrist.

I went to the Baptists Church to a party last night. The fortune teller told my fortune – I am going to marry a pretty blonde in my early thirties, have two children (Impossible) have a happy life, and meet many people due to my wining personality. I just imagine pretty blonde is OK, but why think of a later time than June?

I am sending this special delivery. You should get the same Sunday. I wanted to celebrate the fact that my first pay check came in. I am surely making a drastic effort to pay everything and have the car, Life Ins., and such paid out next spring, so that the bells can ring without worry. Martha you just got to.

School has gone the smoothest I have ever seen a school go. Really I never saw a school so uneventful. No news in this instance means good news. If nothing happens Bersche and I will be on our way early Dec 23 to visit Indiana, Illinois, and other points east. Mr. Morris may come with us, too. His girl friend lives in Chicago.

I am sorry you are not here this morning Sweetheart we would go to school and have a big time.

Love to Martha,
Royal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home